Friday, February 21, 2014

Don't worry, Mom & Dad.

Feeling my sun-kissed skin brush up against new friends, my bare face smiling while talking away, and my long blonde hair dancing in the dry breeze. Hearing the birds chirping, people talking, and fire crackling in the cool evening. Seeing thousands of different strangers dancing alongside one another, bottles clicking against bottles, and feet bouncing off the dewy grass. This is what my summer is all about -- this is what I live for, what I spend all my hardworking money on, what I am passionate about...

Two blogs ago, I stated why I attend these DMB shows. I explained how I am a wanderer, an open-minded, soul-searching woman. I received great feedback from many who understand where I am coming from -- where my love of travel comes from, my love of a band comes from, my love of new friends comes from. However, it has come to my attention that I am not understood by my immediate family. They feel that my intense connection to the band will get in the way of finding a man to settle down with in the future. Putting myself into my parents shoes, I can see their side. When I have children of my own someday, whom will have the best taste in music may I add, I will want nothing but the best for them especially when it comes to finding their other half. Although, when they are searching for that other half, I would want them to be sure to not hide any parts of themselves. Focusing back onto my situation, my family is a little concerned that my "obsession" with the Dave Matthews Band and traveling will interfere with finding a man. 

I plan on arguing this statement tonight in this blog. I do not plan on hiding any part of myself when it comes to finding my other half. They will know everything about me -- the good and the bad. After reading, "Date a Girl Who Travels," I found this article to be extremely true and relatable which I will base several of my facts off of tonight, because there are many, many benefits of dating a wandering, a soul-searching, bare-foot, country lovin', passionate, outspoken "groupie." 

So Mom and Dad, do not worry. There is someone out there who will find all my traits very lovable...

My future soulmate will find that I am...

1) Not materialistic
If someone were to put a $100,000 Visa card in my hand for shopping purposes only or a ticket for a plane ride to Europe so I could backpack for a month, I would take that backpacking adventure over any money any day of the week. Give me experiences so I can grow as a person. Give me scenery, a landscape, Heaven on earth...don't give me money, a nice car, or a pair of Jimmy Choo high heels. The money will run out, the new car will become worn and break down, and the Jimmy Choo high heels...well sorry, but I don't wear heels. Give me an adventure and that would stick with me for a lifetime. Give me the memories, the experience, and the passion. 

2) Hardworking.
I worked 30+ hours a week during my 4.5 years of college. I never once attended a frat party, a mixer, or a college football game. I did, however, put myself through those 4.5 years of college and ended up only having $20,000 in loans versus $80,000. I served my butt off every weekend to make sure that when I was out of school, I didn't have to stress about an abundance of student loans coming in. Even now after graduation, I am a substitute for local school districts and a hostess at a local restaurant. I want to be able to fund my travels as well as pay all my necessary bills without having to ask for help from anyone. I love a security blanket; but most importantly, I love the feeling of working for what I have and what I want. 

3) Engaging. 
I love traveling and meeting new people. This summer I am staying in cabins, hotels, and condos with people who I did not even know existed until last winter. Befriending new people is what I do best and what makes me who I am as a person. I love engaging with new environments and searching for new sites and places to travel. Always being engaged has transformed me into an active person. 

4) Open-minded.
I love sharing my beliefs with others. I love hearing about other people's beliefs. I love religions; I love politics; I love educational philosophies; I love philosophy in general. I love discussing and learning about new ideas and concepts. Being close-minded is never an option for me. 

5) Independent.
I am not a needy person. I love "Tricia-Time." Those clingers or controlling men stand no chance up against my bold personality. I love doing things for myself. I find it be liberating that I can live for myself but still live for others as well. I know how to save money, but I also know how to spend it. I know how to live a good life and have the most amazing experiences. I know how to turn my dreams into reality. 

6) Spontaneous. 
Take me to a city. Take me to the country. Take me hiking. Take me fishing. Take me hunting (No, I won't shoot anything though). Take me across the ocean. Take me to a baseball game. Take me anywhere, because I will go. I enjoy new places, new foods, new drinks, new hobbies, new obsessions. I am open-minded and so willing to explore the world...or even a corn field in the middle of no where. 

Asking me why I live for traveling or live for seeing DMB would be like me asking you why you enjoy oxygen or why fish enjoy the sea. It keeps you alive, it keeps them alive. The same goes with me – traveling, wandering, engaging, and listening keeps me alive. That's what I hope to find one day in my other half. 

So don't worry Mom and Dad. I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment